March 24 and 25 is the biggest brunch weekend of the year, but a close second is every weekend in March because of the Massey Mimosa. Which might lead you to this question...
What's the Massey Mimosa?
The Massey Mimosa is kind of like a dog. You love them all, but that doesn't make them all the same. We have over 20 restaurants creating a Massey Mimosa and invited them to jazz up the drink however these choose. We encourage creativity. That means if you try one Massey Mimosa, you'll still need to try at least 19 more since they're all different. Muah ha ha. But don't feel bad about drinking so many mimosas because $1 from every Massey Mimosa goes back to VCU Massey Cancer Center.
Where can I get the Massey Mimosa?
Another great question! We have over 20 restaurants whipping together a special concoction to help fundraise for Massey Cancer Center. Here's all the participating restaurants, and what their special beverage will be. Some of the flavors are a mystery, which is all the more reason to head over and try one:
On the Rox is serving up a refreshing Watermelon Limeade in honor of VCU Massey Cancer Center. Plus, On the Rox brunch is one of my personal faves in the city!
The Speakeasy Grill
My Noodle & Bar
Capital Ale House (Innsbrook, Midlothian and Downtown Richmond)
Other restaurants serving up the Massey Mimosa all March are:
- Ponies & Pints
- Conch Republic
- Metro Bar & Grill (read more about Metro's brunch)
- Baja Bean
- Matchbox Short Pump
- Saison Market (we've checked out Saison Market's brunch recently, too)
- The Camel (and we frequent The Camel for brunch, and not written one, but two reviews)
- Continental Divide (And here's a review featuring Cazey's obsessive love of their salad)
- Mabel's Espresso Bakery Cafe
- Cornerstone Cigar Bar
- Bottom Burger
- The Shaved Duck
- Eggspress (Cazey went to Eggspress for brunch just a few weeks ago!)
- Les Crepes Carytown
- Bistro 27
- Weezie's Kitchen
The Monday #MasseyMimosa Giveaway
As if a portion of every sale going back to a nationally recognized cancer center isn't enough, we're also hosting a weekly giveaway to anyone who buys a Massey Mimosa.
Each Monday, one winner will be drawn from Facebook or Instagram who:
- Orders a Massey Mimosa
- Takes a picture of it and posts it on Instagram or Facebook (make sure it's public!)
- Follow and tag both @RichmondBrunch and @MasseyAlliance
- Used the hashtag #MasseyMimosa
Each Monday, one winner will be drawn from those who post a picture and will win a gift card to one of our participating restaurants. So don't forget to post your #MasseyMimosa as soon as you order it!
If you don't drink, but want to help contribute to Massey, there's plenty of other ways:
- Just donate!
- Order an #RVABrunchBar, which is Nightingale's french toast ice cream sandwich with blueberry and maple swirl ice cream (available all of March). If you post a picture with your brunch bar, we're also doing a weekly gift card giveaway, just like the Massey Mimosa!
- Brunch Saturday and Sunday of Richmond Brunch Weekend! We have over 40 fantastic restaurant choices.